Re: (PM) LT Winmodems

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:32:17 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, John Nowack wrote:

> >Downloaded which new drivers?
> :)
>
> >Lessee, there are releases 4.07, 4.15, 4.21, 4.28, 4.31, 5.06, and
> >5.09 that I know of, mostly because we have a client who tries
> >everything he can get his hands on. Every release from 4.15 on has
> >worked quite well for him, with the later releases giving him higher
> >connection speeds and transfer rates.
>
> Well, according to the tech working on the computer (I forwarded this
> to him) he downloaded 4.31 from HP (I think I mistakenly said it was
> a Compaq) and it works like a champ (or as much so as any winmodem
> could be said to work like a champ).

Ah now don't get confused on winmodems.... there are the USR style
winmodems which apparently rely on processing power of the CPU also, and
there are the Lucent LT_winmodems which for 80% of the ones I've played
with are quite stable with the latest correct firmware ;)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood