Re: (PM) USR Sportster --> PM3

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:51:43 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Stephen Henry wrote:

> I've checked the archives and found questions but no answers on this.
> Perhaps someone could share their positive experience.
>
> I have a client with a USR Sportster internal 33.6 modem. It will connect
> to other sites but not to my PM3. The other sites appear to be all analog
> modems.

As asked which ComOS, and what have you tried?

sorry about the aborted posting hehe, ^x and ^c are soo close together..

Anyway on to trouble-shooting...

If you have ComOS 3.7.2c3 then you may need to add commas after the phone
number... I have one client that needed 3 commas or would negotiate a 2400
connection.

If you are trying 3.8bx then there are USR 33.6Kbps modem issues that are
being worked on as repeatedly noted here.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood