Re: (PM) Port Display

Andrew Doolittle (andy@livingston.com)
Thu, 04 Jun 1998 08:49:40 -0700

At 11:33 AM 6/4/98 -0400, Scott Rothgaber wrote:
>[PM3 | 3.7.2 | PRI]
>
>I'm at a point where the modem pool is very tight. New lines have
>been ordered, but for the next week, I need to monitor very closely.
>I was wondering what non-Amber solutions you all are using. The
^^^^^^^^^
Trying to shut me up, huh? 8-) Not likely to work, as you may have noticed.

What data would you like? What format would you like it in? What's wrong
with Amber, anyway? You know that with WB95, even as a last resort, you
probably would only get a GUI anyway.

>ultimate candidate would run on BSDI (text mode, of course!), or
>Blows95 as a last resort, and show me the status of all ports on one
>screen, updating every N seconds, or as changes occur... Sort of like
>`top.'
>
>Stephan Hudson submitted a Perl program that sounds like it does
>this. Has anyone tried it?
>
>Thanks,
>Scott
>

>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>* *
>* Easley Internet Solutions AIM: ExCavSGT *
>* Easley, SC USA ICQ: 10722606 *
>* http://www.easley.net 864.859.2400 *
>* *

andy
++++

NOC Advocate andy@livingston.com
Lucent Technologies, Remote Access Business Unit (510)737-2151
4464 Willow Road http://www.livingston.com
Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.lucent.com