Re: (PM) PM Console & IRX

Mark E. Mallett (mem@mv.mv.com)
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 23:02:30 -0400 (EDT)

> On Sat, 30 May 1998, Jack Cole wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have an IRX-111 and have tried to use PM Console with it, but with no
> > luck. Is this not supposed to work?
>
> PMCONSOLE works on ALL Livingston products. If it does NOT work, then
> something is wrong. How do you mean, does not work? Does it not log into
> the irx? Can you telnet to the irx from the same computer you are trying
> to run pmconsole on?

I've seen this too, but I can be more specific :-)

pmconsole 3.5.3;
BSD/OS 2.1 and BSD/OS 3.1 (several different machines, including one
freshly installed from the CD without any changes);

I can use this combination on all of the Livingston products that
we have (including OR-U, OR-HS, PM2E, PM3). When I try it on an
IRX, I get:

Session established with xxx, ComOS 3.7.2RSegmentation fault (core dumped)

Have tried it with IRXs running several different ComOS versions from
3.2.1R and up.

I can use prior versions of pmconsole on the same BSD/OS machines
and the same IRXs with no problem.

I opened up a ticket on this back in January, but did not get a solution.
(I offered to make the core dump available.)

This is more an annoyance than anything else, it just means that I
have to find (e.g.) a Win95 machine when I want to upgrade the IRXs.
I didn't push it, when I reported it I was mostly hoping that support
might have heard of the problem.

-mm-