Re: (PM) Cant get to Livingston website from Trumpet Firesock

Don Lashier (dl@newportnet.com)
Mon, 01 Jun 1998 00:12:56 -0700

On 5/31/98, at 11:04 PM, Jake Messinger wrote:

>I have set up Trumpet Firesock at a particular location. This is where win
>95 acts as a router for the local network via proxy serving. Well, things
>work fine, except when I try to access Livingston's website. I get
>"Document contains no data". Every other website seems to work fine,
>Infoseek, our own, a dozen other popular ones...any ideas? Is Livingston
>filtering or blocking something? Im sure it must be because of this proxy
>software...

It may not have anything to do with the proxy. I've had this
problem with particular sites and rebooting fixed them. IE3 in
particular seems to get hosed this way some times.

Don