Re: (PM) Connect Speed Drop

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Sun, 31 May 1998 12:46:55 -0700 (PDT)

On 31 May 1998, Greg wrote:

> We have a customer (several actually) who are starting to complain about a
> drop in their connect speeds. They are using USR Sportster modems, and
> initially were doing great when we implemented ComOS 3.15 but now can not
> connect over 31200. We have tried everything from commas to chicken bones.
>
> Of course client is Win95, latest firmware upgrade, asnd we are PM3, with
> latest Comos.

And how were things with 3.8b13 or 3.7.2c3? As I've mentioned there are a
couple v.34 related issues in b15, that are being corrected for the next
open beta. Most likely if they have just started noticing this, you will
want to try going back to an earlier release and let us know how it goes.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>