Re: (PM) Location wont time-out

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Sun, 31 May 1998 12:42:42 -0700 (PDT)

On 31 May 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> I have just set up an On_Demand location with a pm25 dialing into another
> pm. It dials in just fine, BUT, it dials in almost immediately, even if
> there is nothing to route. And then the idle timer is ALWAYS 0 so it never
> times out. How can I tell what is keeping the cdonnection alive?

Oh come on now Jake....ptrace is your friend.. :)

[..]
> eijones> sh ams
> Location: ams Type: On Demand
> Destination: 207.235.58.169 Netmask: 255.255.255.255
> Protocol: PPP Options: Quiet, Compression
> Group: 1 Max Ports: 1
> Idle Timeout: 120 minutes High Mark: 0 bytes
> Mtu: 1500 Async Map: 00000000

Also 120 minutes is a bit high for most applications, although as you said
the line never goes idle so that is not your problem.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>