Re: (PM) PM2e30 - lost carrier

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Thu, 28 May 1998 13:01:58 -0700 (PDT)

On 28 May 1998, Jeff Halper wrote:

> OOne of my users gets cut off frequently after a few minutes. The radius
> accounting log says Lost-Carrier on these.
>
> He uses a USR 33,600 - sometimes he can stay connected for hours,
> sometimes only a few minutes.

Sportster or Courier? Make sure is has the latest flash recommended by
3Com.

> ComOS 3.7.2
>
> Any ideas?

What connect speeds does he normally get? Have him disconnect things on
his side (extension phones, etc.). What types of modems are you using on
your side since this is a PM-2/e? Unfortunately about a billion things
can cause modems to disconnect and a thousand variable factors that are
not all necessarily going to be consistent all of the time. Analog
devices are like that so it is sort of inherent that a modem will be that
way.. :)

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>