Re: (PM) Package A or package B (Pac Bell)

Chris Parker (cparker@starnetusa.net)
Wed, 27 May 1998 12:09:36 -0500

At 01:00 PM 5/28/98 -0400, David Sovereen wrote:

>Incorrect. He said both of the above are PRI, not one PRI and one CT-1.
>The second option (B) is a PRI without signalling, not a CT-1. That will
>NOT work with the PM-3 until Lucent support non-facilities-based PRI service
>(currently in beta). His only option for PRI is option A.

Well, if you're gonna get that picky, then the only answer to his question
as stated would be that there isn't enough information about Package B, as
it never was stated that both were PRI. Otherwise, I think I answered
correctly. If indeed Package B is an NFAS PRI with 24 B channels and no
signalling, then you are correct that PM3's will not support it, yet.

-Chris

--
   \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker: Systems Administration and Development
   \ ~   ~ /   \   cparker@starnetusa.net   \   cparker@megapop.net
   | @   @ |    \    www.starnetusa.net      \    www.megapop.net
                  \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'