Re: (PM) PM3 Configuration Problems

Lawrence Blades (lrblades@clarksdale.com)
Thu, 28 May 1998 07:11:16 +0000

Sorry I wasnt' more precise.
I meant to use the commas just to TEST if the problem was with the
TONES. In my situation, the modem would connect with the commas because
the of the delay. And the PROBLEM WAS that the telco had not turned off
the PADDING - trunkside CT1 with a Carlson Stromberg switch. Once turned
off, the modem connected with no prob.

Al Reuben wrote:

> That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard of.
>
> The only thing that three commas fixes is when the client's modem gets
> confused by the v.8bis tone. The commas delay the modem from 'listening'
> to the phone line, sort of not turning on thier 'ears' until the v.8bis
> tone has past.
>
> Padding; phooooey.
>
> On Wed, 27 May 1998, Lawrence Blades wrote:
> > Have you tried adding two or three comma's after the phone number?
> >
> > I had several modems that could not connect without that.
> > Problem was in the teleco PADDING.

Lawrence Blades
Clarksdale Online, Inc.
121 Issaquena Avenue