Re: (PM) Ascend 75 -> PM3 _help?_

pmaster@sentex.net
Wed, 27 May 1998 19:57:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 27 May 1998 16:15:07 -1000 (HST), in sentex.lists.livingston you wrote:

>I need to know what do I have to do to connect this up...
>
>*soB* I don't play with Ascends and I'm not configuring it so this is a
>shot in the dark basically.
>
>the client has set it to dial in, but it never connects...
>
>anyone have a set of notes for setup of this situation?

Here is a quick sample...

Radius entry looks like

Pwell Password = "UNIX"
User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-Address = 208.112.7.209,
Framed-Route = "208.112.7.208/28 0.0.0.0 1",
Framed-Routing = None,
Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP,
Framed-MTU = 1500

On the P-75, on the first configure screen, setup all the telco junk first (SPIDS etc..)

| Phone Num Binding=No
| Caller ID=No
| Forward Disconnect=No
| Ans Voice Call=No
| My Name=Pwell
| My Addr=208.112.7.209/28
| Rem Name=sentex
| Rem Addr=208.112.4.15/24
| Dial #=9123456
| Route=IP
| Bridge=No
| Send Auth=PAP
| Send PW=************
| Recv Auth=None
| Recv PW=N/A
| Save=

Then go to the main menu, ethernet, connections, And then what the Rem Name is set to which is sentex in this case.
In your case, it probably wasnt dialing because Active was not set to Yes.

| Active=Yes
| Encaps=MPP
| Dial #=91234567
| Calling #=
| Called #=
| Route IP=Yes
| Route IPX=N/A
| Bridge=No

In the Encapse Options, generally turn off STAC
Set Idle Pct=0
In IP Options,
LAN Addr is the remote PM address
WAN Alias=0.0.0.0
IF Adrs=0.0.0.0/0
Client Gateway=0.0.0.0

In the telco Options
Call Type=Perm/Switched

Back up to the Ethernet level, and go to MOD Config
Change the SNMP options to something Sane, as its used as a common exploit
In the Log menu, sending data to a remote syslog facility can be handy

If you reboot it, it should automatically dial, otherwise CTRL+D on the
profile and have it Dial... Also, make sure to change the default
passwd of Ascend.

---Mike