Re: (PM) PRI ALARMS

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 26 May 1998 13:35:12 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Robert H. Clugston wrote:

> I've got a blue and loss of sync alarm. The line is shown to be in the reset
> state. How does this happen?
> I've got the phone company looking into it.

from: http://www.adtran.com/support/slvl2/t1alarms.html

AIS - Alarm Indication Signal: (also called Blue Alarm or Keep Alive,
depending on the point of view) The CSU is receiving unframed all
ones on the Network Interface. Can originate at the Smart Jack if it does
not recognize a valid T1 signal from the CSU (possibly caused by a broken
wire pair on pins 4 and 5 or excessive Line Build Out on the CSU), or may
be a result of equipment failure in the Telco network.

Try changing out the T1 cable and see if the errors go away...

thank goodness for archives and saving pertinant messages ;)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood