Re: (PM) PM3 "S32 Stopped too long-flushing packet queue"

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 26 May 1998 13:13:07 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Tim Hodges wrote:

> So..
> I have this customer who has much difficulty getting on.
> She is able to log on, get a PPP session up, check her
> e-mail (most of the time), but her through put is horrible.
> If she tries loading our page (or any other) the thing will
> load a bit then hang. She has Win95A.
> Today I was seeing the above message:
> S32 Stopped too long-flushing packet queue
> on her port.
> Any ideas about this error message would be appreciated.

What modem type does she have?

if her port settings aren't matched or sh is using an external modem (say
a 33.6Kbps to a 8250 uart) it could be overloading her serial..

Now if she has a 56K connection then her modem could be retraining thus
the information flow hangs while that's occuring, and if retraining
happens too long, well it may start flushing the queue...

What does her session look like when she's connected?

is it using error correction?

do a sh ses to find her login
do a sh mo to show the modem settings for the modem she's on

Also is does she have other programs running in the background? I've seen
somewhere that having too many processes open can cause a modem connection
to appear slow as the processor is working on too many other things to
process the serial port... hmm though this may be more a winmodem (usr
style) issue than for a 'normal' modem...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood "not whining" ;)