RE: (PM) V.90

William Jorgenson (William_Jorgenson@gar.com)
Mon, 25 May 1998 16:41:15 -0700

I have no ideas on the problem, but I also have users that experience the
same. Another note, I have users that have had K56flex modems and dialed in
fine, but when they try their 3com modems with V.90 they have the same kind
of connection problems which you talk about.

So, I would also be interested in any ideas on this.

Bill Jorgenson
William_jorgenson@gar.com <mailto:William_jorgenson@gar.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Kish [SMTP:philip@ithink.com]
Sent: Monday, May 25, 1998 2:18 PM
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: (PM) V.90

Hello all,

I have a user that has a new 3Com 56k V.90 modem. He tries to
connect and
he does about 40% of the time at 49,333. The other 60% of the time
it just
drops him saying that the computer he is dialing is not answering.
It is
probably his phone lines.

I have found that if V.90 does not connect right off the bat, it
will
disconnect the user instead of connecting at a slower V.34
connection, as
Flex does. Is anyone else experiencing this "one shot one kill"
standard?
Is there a way to make V.90 modems connect at lower speeds after it
misses
that initial V.90 connection? I know that I can disable V.90 all
together,
and it works just fine.

Any thoughts????

Thanks.