Re: (PM) ACC Tigress Terminal Server (fwd)

Adam Goryachev (adamg@dot.net.au)
Mon, 25 May 1998 13:34:37 +1000

> Looks decent on paper - but it doesn't work well. I'd asked about them a
> number of times on lists like Inet-Access, just trying to find someone who'd
> used one. Everyone I found had either tried them and sent them back and
> moved to Ascend/Lucent/3Com - or they were still trying to make it work but
> were losing their hair and sanity doing so. I haven't heard much at all
> on them in months. They just aren't a major player it seems.

We had one on trial for a while, at the time they didn't have support for
scripted logins, (they do now), but apart from this, it worked flawlessly with
PAP logins... Also the ACC colorado works great... They seem to support every
routing protocol in existence... They are a very solid box overall. (Only thing
I don't like is the CLI, but then it's on a par with the portmaster one, (ie, I
don't like that either)).

Recently there was a conversation about this on the OZ-ISP mailing list, the
outcome was that either it was some time ago when it was tested, or else it is
in use now and works like a dream....
IMHO, I think they are a nice box.

Regards,
Adam Goryachev