Re: (PM) Remote POP Management (fwd)

Jeff Carneal (jeff@apex.apex.net)
Sat, 23 May 1998 10:22:10 +0000 (CST)

On Fri, 22 May 1998, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Jeff Carneal shaped the electrons to say...
> >I still can't get ports >10000 to work on this exact same application
> >using a PM2E30. Any suggestions?
>
> See the release notes for like 3.3.2, when Outbound-User security was
> overhauled.

Thanks MZ. I checked out the notes, and it is just *almost* what I'm
looking for. According to 3.3.2, you can specify a radius user for each
port above 10000 that you would like telnet access to. However, I don't
see an easy way to allow just ONE user to get to all ports above 10000
that you provide telnet access to. The release notes say to add the
radius user thusly:

fred Password = "What4ever", Service-Type =
Outbound-User
Service-Type = Outbound-User,
Login-Service = Telnet,
Login-TCP-Port = 10000

Well, if you specify the Login-TCP-Port for the user, can you specify
multiple ones and allow the user to specify at the telnet prompt? Ie,
fred types from his shell 'telnet pm2e 10000' or 'telnet pm2e 10001' and
gets prompted but is allowed to login to either of the above ports?

--
  Jeff Carneal - Sys Admin - Apex Internet
  jeff@apex.net http://www.apex.net (502) 442-5363

The opinions expressed above aren't really mine. They belong to someone else who also refuses to take responsibility for them.