Re: (PM) STAC Cards

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 22 May 1998 12:20:41 -0700 (PDT)

On 21 May 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> On Thu, 21 May 1998, MegaZone wrote:
> > Once upon a time Jake Messinger shaped the electrons to say...
> > >When will 3.8 be out for the pm 2 so we can enable stac on the bri ports?
> >
> > Stac is not going to be supported on th PM-2, or Pm-25, or IRX. This
> > has been explained many times in the past.
>
> I know you said this, BUT... I heard from one of my customers who heard
> from an employee of livingston that they WERE going to support stac on the
> PM 2, and Im just trying to nail it down, to see if it was just wrong/bad
> info.

STAC is not supported and will never be supported on the PM-2 platform.
It is physically impossible without affecting performance negatively on
that platform, which we did not feel was worth it.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>