Re: (PM) Problem location and dial out on demand

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Tue, 19 May 1998 15:16:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 May 1998 portmaster@she.de wrote:

>and then:
>
>Destination Mask Gateway Source Flag Met Interface
>----------------- ---- -------------------- ------- ---- --- ---------
>0.0.0.0 0 193.98.91.2 local NS 1 ether0
>194.141.20.8 29 194.141.20.9 local NL 1 ptp32
>193.98.91.0 25 193.98.91.54 local NL 1 ether0
>
>and stays in this state.

That looks strange to me (but that just may be Lucent's routing logic).
It seems to be saying there is a permanent route to device ptp32. There
is no reason for this to continue showing up in the routing table unless
THIS is something to support on_demand. This route at the time given,
makes no sense and is pointing nowhere. It looked like my route and the
other route that showed up correctly pointed to ptp0 when the user was
logged on. Since it is a Network Local route and seems to be associated
with the location entry, it can't be deleted.