Re: (PM) Problem location and dial out on demand

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Tue, 19 May 1998 11:40:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm... This means he is dialed in or you dialed him, right? Since you
said he can dial-in and you can dial-out manually, the route is there?
I'm assuming he if dialed in, the Framed-Route took care of the route
and the netmask takes care of the route when you manually dial
out to him. The "unknown" interface message should be normal until you
try to dial out. What does the routing table look like when he hasn't
dialed in and you haven't dialed him for awhile? His previous route isn't
there right? Thats where the route to the "unknown" interface should come
into play. Ie. it looks for a location entry that matches the IP address
and dials out. As soon as it does, THEN the location table routing entry
is made. I don't know guys, isn't that how its supposed to work?