Re: (PM) Problem location and dial out on demand

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Tue, 19 May 1998 10:54:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 May 1998 portmaster@she.de wrote:

>So, in the Command Line Administrators Guide I understandd "on_demand"
>that the PM3 dials out to the specified location when packets destination
>is the customer.
>
>Where is the mistake in my thoughts??

Your mistake is thinking the route exists BEFORE the link comes up. (It
doesn't because the Framed-Route and RADIUS entry come into play on
dial-in only and only after connection) BEFORE the link comes up, the PM
has no choice but to send the packets to its default router (unless they
are intended for the router itself) because it has no specific route for
the subnet. If you want to do on_demand and have it go to the right place
you will need a static route for the subnet and point the entire subnet to
the gateway IP address in the location entry.