Re: (PM) Ether0 filter

Frank Heinzius (frimp@mms.de)
Mon, 18 May 1998 15:57:06 +0200

Hi Mario,

On 18 May 98, at 14:25, Mario Misic wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> How is it possible to put filter on ethernet (or on modem) port in PM-10
> ER. Filters are part of choicenet server.

On EThernet is dangerous. As far as I know, you canīt have a Choicenet filter on the same
Ethernet-Interface where the Choicenet-Server is on. This means, you can only set filters
on ether1 on an IRX211 if the Choicenet server is connected via ether0.

> I have tried with pmconsole, from command prompt but it is only possible to
> set filter which is created on PM not from choicenet server.
>
> I know that it is possible to create filters on PM but I want to use
> filters from choicenet server.

This is kinda difficult for ether0 and leased lines, because the filter has to exist.
What you can do is create a filter with list-rules in it, like

set filter ether0.in 1 permit =permitlist 0.0.0.0/0

or something similar. Again, choicenetting ether0 can make you shoot yourself in the head
without pulling the trigger ;-)

Frank

best regards,

--
Frank M. Heinzius              MMS Communication AG
mailto:frimp@mms.de            Eiffestrasse 598