Re: (PM) 3.8beta status update.... (fwd)

Andrew Doolittle (andy@livingston.com)
Sun, 17 May 1998 14:28:04 -0700

Seems like a good time to remind people that email to portmaster-users does
not constitute a support call, no matter how many of us LuceLiving folks
monitor the list. If there's a problem, call or email support. Then come
here for group therapy 8-)

At 10:39 AM 5/17/98 -0400, CYGNET Support wrote:
>I did downgrade however my concern was the fact that when I contacted
>Lucent regarding
>rebooting with b15 that I was told no reports had come in
>so this made me think Hmmm do I have some other issue. It was not till I
>sent to the list that I finally came across people running b15 with reboot
>problems.
>
>Again Megazone my issue is not that it is beta but the fact that when I
>phone lucent they can not tell my that yes rebooting is a issue with b15
>for some people and that they are looking into it instead of telling me
>that no, not 1 single reboot issue has come in regarding b15!!
>
>Common Sense
>
>Eugene
>
> On Sat, 16 May 1998, MegaZone wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time CYGNET Support shaped the electrons to say...
>> >Like the reboot issues!!
>>
>> What about them? Look, if it isn't stable you have only yourself to blame.
>> You were soundly warned that this is a BETA. Don't like it, don't run it.
>>
>> I really thought people had more brains that to whine about the stability
>> or timeline of a BETA for Eris' sake!
>>
>> IT IS A BETA. *Expect* problems, do *NOT* expect new builds constantly,
>> and if you decide to run it it is your own risk. That seems to be
>> straight forward. If there things weren't true - it wouldn't be a beta!
>>
>> -MZ
>> --
>> <URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, author, webmaster, human
being, me
>> "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men"
781-788-0130
>> <URL:mailto:megazone@gweep.net> <URL:http://www.megazone.org/> Hail
Discordia!
>> -
>> 'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.
>>

>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

andy
++++

NOC Advocate andy@livingston.com
Lucent Technologies, Remote Access Business Unit (510)737-2151
4464 Willow Road http://www.livingston.com
Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.lucent.com