Re: (PM) Dial-out only

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Sat, 16 May 1998 02:57:16 -0700 (PDT)

On 15 May 1998, Timothy A. Gregory wrote:

> I'm trying to set up some of the ports on a PM3 (ISDN PRI)
> for dial-out only. I tried
>
> set s46 login network dialout
>
> and it still accepted incoming calls, but it showed them as
> OUT rather than IN. Anyone got any ideas?

Try "set s46 network dialout". There is no such thing as a "dialout
login" (well in this context) so the dialin vs. dialout settings only
affect network sessions, AFAIK. So what is happening is you are disabling
dialin network type sessions, but the PM is still going to answer incoming
calls because you are allowing login type sessions.

Also, note that this may not do exactly what you want, if those channels
on your PRI are in your regular hunt group. You'll probably need to have
the telco pull them out of the hunt group if they are not going to be used
for dial-in service.

-jr
----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>