Re: (PM) Users getting dumped

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Wed, 13 May 1998 19:00:25 -0700 (PDT)

On 13 May 1998, James T. Robson wrote:

> Hi All, We have been having a strange problem lately. Maybe one of you
> geniuses can figure it out.
>
> For the last two weeks, our PM-3 users have been getting dumped, just about
> every morning at between 8:30AM /8:45AM When they dial back on they get a
> busy signal for the next 4-5 minutes and then everything is O.K. The PM-3
> is not rebooting.
>
> I have had GTE technicians all over it and they claim they don't see any
> evidence of the PRI going out. GTE has put a continuous monitor on it and
> each time, their log has been empty.
>
> Can anyone help? Some of my favorite :- ) customers are getting a bit testy
> over it.

What does the PM show the line status as in that period of time? Watch
the lights on the back as well as doing a "show lineX" when it happens.
It may be a little easier if you reboot the PM once (to clear the line
counters) so that when you look at the "show lineX" stats the next
morning, you know what is due to that particular time period.

-jr
----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>