Re: (PM) PM console error message

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Tue, 12 May 1998 23:01:28 -0600

Yup.. and to expand the answer...

This almost always means that the user's modem is a shitty Winmodem of some
sort and not even doing its own error correction on the modem level. It is
therefore leaving the error correction up to PPP which is perfectly fine in
fact but the PM3 displays these errors in CRC on the PPP level whenever
doing a set console.

I wish Lucent RABU would turn such error displaying into another debug
option so we could only see it when we needed to since it happens so often
on the PM3's when users dial in w/o error compression on their modem
connection.

 - Steve
  - Systems Manager
  - Community Internet Access, Inc.