Re: (PM) Signal "busy" but enough lines!?

Christopher Arnold (chris@bahnhof.se)
Tue, 12 May 1998 11:49:23 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Xavier Mertens wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998, Christopher Arnold wrote:

> > I have noticed that if you have a pm3 that isn't fully loaded with
> > modemcards the calls wont get routed to the next PRI in the cascade.
> > Instead you will receive a busy tone.
> > We therefore are forced to make shure that the pm3 that isn't fully
> > equipped with modems is last in the chain.
>
> 3 x PM3 with 6 cards and the last with 3 cards
Same here (scaled up a couple of pm3's) due to the limitations we are
talking about.

> > In an mixed ISDN/analog setup this results in ineficcient usage of the
> > modem-cards, preferably you would like to have a pure ISDN pm3 first in
> > the chain and let it svallow all the ISDN-calls.
>
> So, you suggest to remove 3 cards from the first and put them in the
> last? But the problem is that we have more PSTN users than ISDN so the
> first will be "full" in a few minutes...

Yes thats what i would like to do, perhas even invest an additional pm3
without any modem-cards.

The concept of full shouldn't be any problems if the first unit signals
busy for the analog calls and then they would flow over to the next pm3.
This is virtually what happen s today when your first pm3 is full.

/chris