Re: (PM) PM3 Keeps logging admin sessions (fwd)

Doug Ingraham (dpi@rapidnet.com)
Mon, 11 May 1998 23:06:17 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Thomas Kinnen wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998, Doug Ingraham wrote:
>
> > I don't think anyone would mind if it logged them correctly, as !root,
> > but it logs them as the user admin and a lot of us have users called
> > admin. Doug Ingraham The best defense against logic is ignorance.
> > Rapid City, SD USA
>
> Now that is strange as here they are logged as !root and !admin (My
> NAS-USER login).

How odd!

User-Name = "admin"
Service-Type = Administrative-User
Login-Service = Telnet

On 3.8b13 but I believe it did this on b15 as well.

On older versions I would see !root only when we logged in through one of
the serial ports if the Wan was down for some reason. I don't know what
it logs if you dial up a PM-3 because I never log into one this way. And
a 3.7.2 on a PM-2 doesn't log anything when you come in via telnet as
!root.

Do you have !root and !admin listed in the radius users file?