Re: (PM) more PM3 q's needing a's (fwd)

Samudra E. Haque (haque@pradeshta.net)
Mon, 11 May 1998 14:46:40 -0500

MegaZone wrote:
> >How many CSU/DSU's are there in the PM3 chassis? If 2xE1 are there
> >2xCSU/DSU ?
>
> One CSU/DSU per E1 interface.

Okay, assuming we have a total of 4 E1's to a data center that is:

4 x 2 Mbps - > 4 x 30ch -> 120 DS0, yes?

we need to spread the modems around into two boxes:

6 slots x 10 modems x 2 PM3 -> 120 digital modem ports, yes?

Q. How do we connect the PM3 boxes together, since each has a
ethernet port which needs to be connected back to our core router.
Do we need a separate router to combine traffic and send it back
to us? In the web page diagram detail is not clear.

Q. If the solution is to have ONE of the PM3's in the stack to have a
WAN router card -- is there a E1 specific version of the item
mentioned in
http://www.livingston.com/Marketing/Products/pm3_specifications.html

I quote: "When the PortMaster 3 is configured for both dial-up and
Leased Line service using different switch sources, it is recommended
that the optional T1 WAN card be installed".