(PM) Re: (RADIUS) Invalid request authenticator.

Frank Heinzius (frimp@mms.de)
Mon, 11 May 1998 10:19:22 +0200

Hiya,

On 9 May 98, at 18:28, Josh Richards wrote:

> It is a fact. ComOS 3.8 uses VSAs to send extended session termination
> reasons to the RADIUS accounting server. If the RADIUS server you are
> running does not understand VSAs (e.g: Lucent RADIUS 2.0.1) you will see
> this. For now you can:
> (a) Downgrade to 3.7.2c3 and not run the 3.8 beta releases.
> (b) Continue to run the beta and ignore the message, since it does not
> hurt anything. It will not be a problem when RADIUS 2.1 is released
> which has VSA support.
> (c) Hack your RADIUS server a bit and re-compile it to ignore or handle
> VSAs properly. If I get some time in the next couple of days I may
> try to create an temporary and highly *unofficial* patch for 2.0.1
> to get rid of the message. Note that I said, maybe.. :-)

Couldnīt it be possible to extend that hack to "properly handle VSAs"?
The main problem is, that 3.8 offers many new splendid features with VSAs, things like
Call-Check, LE-Terminate and LE-Advice-Of-Charge, great features, which only work if the
VSA-structure sent to the radiusd is correctly disassembled and interpreted.
I would prefer seeing RADIUS 2.1 released or going Open Beta, as ComOS 3.8b15 is...

Frank

best regards,

--
Frank M. Heinzius              MMS Communication AG
mailto:frimp@mms.de            Eiffestrasse 598