RE: (PM) NAT beta contact

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Sat, 9 May 1998 00:35:19 -0700 (PDT)

On 9 May 1998, Morris, Scott A. wrote:

> This is another case where a clerical type sending a thanks for applying,
> but no thanks right now message would have gone a long way.
>
> Not taking this simple, courteous step is why you are seeing all of the
> Call... messages.
>
> It is one thing to hear no thanks - but not to hear at all doesn't place a
> very high value on your customers. And it sure doesn't create warm fuzzies
> the next time they need to buy something.

I agree, and that is why we usually do just that. Also, just because you
don't get a reply back right away (either acceptance or a sorry message)
does not mean that you are out of the picture entirely. We go back
through applicants as the beta goes on and pull people into it many times,
later in the beta stage.

If you do apply and do not receive any response within what is typically a
few days and sometimes up to 2 1/2 weeks, feel free to e-mail
<beta-info@livingston.com>, that is one of the biggest reasons why we
added that contact address--it was unclear who users were supposed to
contact for general beta information so things would get lost in the
shuffle between mailboxes and people would get frustrated--which is
definitely not what we were trying to accomplish at all. Just explain that
you've already applied for "such and such" beta program and just wanted to
make us aware that you are still interested in participating and learning
the status of things.

--jr
----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/