Re: (PM) Injecting RIP into OSPF, Cisc 776 -> PM-3

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Fri, 8 May 1998 15:58:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Doug McClure wrote:

>I have a dial on demand customer who needs routable IPs behind his router
>and am attempting since it's a Cisco 776 to use RIP, announce routes to the
>PM-3 via RIP and then have the PM-3 redistribute these routes into its OSPF
>announcement to the border router instead of a static route. So far, I have
>had no luck.

Better to use the Framed-Route statement like you attempted to do below.
RIP sucks. Is the Cisco set for RIP V1 or RIP V1. Better to avoid RIP
altogether.

>His users entry:
>
> Service-Type = Framed-User,
> Framed-Protocol = PPP,
> Framed-IP-Address = 209.96.144.185,
> Framed-Route = "209.96.148.64 209.96.144.185",
> Framed-Routing = Listen,
> Filter-Id = "nitz",
> Framed-MTU = "1500"

Your Framed-Route statement is incorrect. It needs to look like

Framed-Route = "209.96.148.64/28 209.96.144.185 1",

Note 1: You left the metric parameter out.
Note 2: You should specify a netmask in CIDR notation, adjust the /28 as
necessary.
Note 3: You could also use 0.0.0.0, as the second parameter which tells
the portmaster to "learn" the gateway address, which is useful
when you are doing this with dynamic IPs instead of static.