Re: (PM) Second PM3...

Frans ter Borg (frans@euro.net)
Fri, 8 May 1998 17:50:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Mark O'Leary wrote:

> Now, my question: How is the pool of addresses for dial-in users handled?

> b) set a differing assigned_address on each unit, and specify an appropriate
> pool size - meaning that calls coming in on the different PRIs will have
> addresses assigned from different address ranges (which would be
> helpful).

b is the one.

> Are there other issues that arise that I need to take into account?
>
> Ideally, I'd like to configure the units such that future additional modem
> cards and PRI's can be added into the mix without having to reconfigure
> anything...

You need to setup some route to the assigned pools. This is preferably
done by enabling OSPF. Take in mind that you set the poolsize big enough
to support two PRI's and already configure the line1's on both machines,
as your telco provides them.

You will probably need to reboot when you stick in the second PRI in the
machines.

Frans

--
Frans ter Borg                       * *      EuroNet Internet BV
Network Operations                 *     *    Herengracht 208 - 214