Re: (PM) Re: Dial-on-demand filters & bring-up (and (fwd)

Mark Peugeot (mark@ptw.com)
Thu, 7 May 1998 21:38:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I understand that he is no longer an employee, and I understand his
position. Now back to the issue of code. The code for COMOS is most likely
written in C, I assume. It is one thing to read the Chip manuals, it is
entirely another thing to disassemble code that has been compiled.

With Source code you get nice features like comments, with binaries
there are no comments and no source. I have no aversion to assembly, however
raw hex is not as easy to deal with. You cannot compare reading engineering
documentation with disassembling and reverse engineering a complex product
like the PM3.

Heck anytime Livingston/Lucent feels like releasing source, I'm all
for it... Until then I would like to see complete documentation. Last I
checked we were the customer and we have spent several tens of thousands of
dollars on this product. (Which I might add I am quite happy with)

Mark