Re: (PM) PM-3 lockup?

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Thu, 7 May 1998 15:36:38 -0700 (PDT)

On 7 May 1998, Eric Calvert wrote:

> I MAY have had a PM-3 lockup while running 3.8b15. The phone company
> "blocked and unblocked" the CT1 line the same time I did a hard reset on
> the PM-3. I'd like to know what I should put in place to more
> accurately monitor and report this in case it happens again. The

Put something on the console port so that you can see the output.
Although I don't quite see how you got a PM-3 "lockup"...you rebooted the
PM-3? I think I'm misunderstanding you.

> primary symptom was that all callers would receive an "All circuits are
> busy" message when they tried to dial in. We've also had a good deal of
> harsh weather lately, so I don't really want to blame the PM-3 or
> 3.8b15. I'm much more suspicious of the phone lines, but would like to
> be able to pinpoint it better.

If the telco was reconfiguring lines at that same time, then I would
expect this to happen. AFAIK, we have no way of signalling the telco to
return an ACAB message--they have to do that.

--jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/