Re: (PM) PM-3 hardware design shortcut

Russ Taylor (rtaylor@cmc.net)
Wed, 6 May 1998 23:57:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Roy wrote:

> The PM3 derives all the T1 clocking from line0. Today line0 failed
> (open wire from the telco) and line1 also went down due to a loss of
> clocking. After all the noise about NFAS and reliability (lose the
> D-channel and lose both PRIs), the PM3 hardware design shortcut will
> kill you just as dead.

I realize this requires physical access to the PM-3, but pull both lines
out, and switch line1 to the line0 port, and you have your PRI back.

Russ Taylor (rtaylor@cmc.net, http://www.cmc.net/~rtaylor)
Chambers Multimedia Connection Help Desk
"Hoody hoo! How many hedge-ogres did I get?" -- Knights of the Dinner Table