Re: (PM) PM3 question

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Tue, 5 May 1998 13:34:16 -0700 (PDT)

On 5 May 1998, Tommy Cheng wrote:

> Can anyone offer me the command or the setting for a PM3 if I want PM3
> to log off a user after that user enters wrong user name or password
> three times in a row in a single dialup session? For example, if I try
> to dialin to a PM3 and I entered wrong password. Then, I enter wrong
> password two more times. Because I have failed to enter correct
> password three times in a row, therefore, PM3 logs me off.

If I'm understanding you correctly, we already do that by default. After
three failed logins attempts we drop the connection. If you mean
something more elaborate like disable or temporarily freeze the status of
the user account, then that will be something the RADIUS server must do,
not the NAS.

--jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/