Re: (PM) win95 not resolving DNS

Mark Zedwick (zedwickm@proaxis.com)
Mon, 04 May 1998 10:12:41 -0700

This might be better placed on an ISP-Tech mailing list.
isp-tech@shreve.net is a list like specifically for ISP tech support issues.

At 11:30 PM 5/3/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a user that is setup properly but his machine will
>not pull up anyting with a dns name.
>
>If I have him enter a IP it works perfectly both in the
>browser and doing ping etc...
>
>but if I have him enter a name such as www.microsoft.com it
>will not work. I have him
>put in the IP for microsoft.com and it pulls up.
>
>I have checked and rechecked all settings, reinstalled
>dialup networking and tcp/ip etc..
>but nothings seems to work. He has a Packard Bell system.
>
>Anyone have some suggestions.
>
>Jim
>

>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare -- now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."