Re: (PM) [jp] Using Cisco 1604 to connect to PortMaster 2

Rick Krug (rick@tcccom.net)
Mon, 4 May 1998 11:16:07 -0500 (CDT)

On the cisco, try the following (from 'config terminal'):

ip subnet-zero
ip classless

Regarding the BRI and Ethernet having addresses from the same subnet,
perhaps what you really have is an unnumbered interface. On the cisco,
again from 'config terminal', try this:

! Replace 'serial1' with whatever interface you are using to connect
! to your ISP
interface serial1
! Replace 'Ethernet0' with whatever Ethernet interface you are using.
ip unnumbered Ethernet0

Your BRI interface will now use the same IP address as your Ethernet
interface.