Re: (PM) PM2 w/USR MP8/I Modems

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 1 May 1998 18:05:34 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 Apr 1998, Diane Watkins wrote:

> We ran into this when the PC (client) was Windows 95, and after
> upgrading our Com0S, using a PM2E. (Everytime you upgrade your ComOS, be
> aware of strange things on the client. I am not sure Livingston knew
> about this. Anyway, we upgraded the client to MSDUN 1.2, which you can

Huh? The problem he was reporting was *very* generic, and could have been
caused by about a million things. If you have this happen with a new
ComOS release and you verify that it does not happen with a previous
release (by actually going back again to the older version, not just
knowing that it once worked) then report it to us--immediately. If there
is a problem, we have to be made aware of it and how to reproduce it so
that we can see if it really is a bug (and if so correct it) or if it is a
problem with another vendors equipment, software, etc.

And please note, that if you are reporting a potential bug that you MUST
report it to support@livingston.com for it to get tracked properly.

--jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/