Re: (PM) PM2 w/USR MP8/I Modems

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 1 May 1998 18:01:04 -0700 (PDT)

On 28 Apr 1998, Steve Coleman wrote:

> We are having a problem with random modems from our USR MP/8 I "locking" up.
> It will answer in incoming call but will not establish a ppp session. The
> client machine will time out and report that it was "unable to establish a
> compatible set of protocols". Issuing a "reset" command to the affected
> port on the PM2 will clear up the problem.
>
> PM2 is running 3.7.2.
> MP/8 is running 2.2.2
>
> After it has answered the call the PM2 will show "username" in the Status
> category, but will not show PPP under the User category like it normally
> does prior to connection.

Dial into the MP/8 with a regular terminal program...what do you see? If
you don't get a username prompt, check the port settings (i.e. speed, flow
control, modem control) then the modem settings (what are the defaults
loaded from flash? Verify correct modem configuration. Are you using
modem profiles? Are they correct?)

--jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/