Re: (PM) PM3 questions

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 10:02:04 -0800 (PST)

On 24 Feb 1998, Daniel Camacho wrote:

[..SNIP!]

> I have another question. I have 2 PM3's and line0 and line1 on the
> first PM3 are up, and only one T1 line on the second PM3's is being used
> right now with a total of 72 dialup lines. I'm using CT1 and have
> configured the PM3's for such. My question is, do lines 0 and 1 on have
> to have the same recieve levels?

Not necessarily.

[.."show lineX" output snipped]

> Also, as you can see, I'm getting CRC Erros on both lines. What would be
> the ideal recieve level for this? Is this a Telco thingy?

+2db I guess would be considered "ideal", although again, it doesn't have
to be. Yes, it is a telco thing.

> One last question, when I do 'show all' I see this:

[..]
> S0 64000 on Netwrk IDLE 149536 1055829
> 0
[..]

> In the 'Speed' section, can I change that to 115200 for the modem port
> speed? or does this have to be either 56K or 64K. I would appreciate
> any pointers to improve the performance of my PM3's. Thanks.

No, remember the sX ports are not the modems on a PM3.. Either way you
cannot set the port speed on the mX ports either, there is no 16550 to
select the speed on - It wouldn't do any good.

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/