Re: (PM) multilink ppp

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:01:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Bill Koontz wrote:

>Is there any way to have both modems connected & have full communication??
>Multilink PPP seems like an option, but I am unsure on how to configure.
>Any help would be appreciated.

Nope, Multilink PPP isn't an option for analog modems on a PM-2e. It will
never be an option for that unit, but the next major ComOS revision will
have Multilink PPP (and more importantly for what you want to do...,
Multi-Chassis PPP) for the PM-3 and later models for analog (ISDN works
now). What you were using is a proprietary Livingston bonding protocol.
It was never extended to include more than one chassis (AFAIK). The point
is - You can't get there from here. You either need to dial directly to
the same chassis by dialing the individual line numbers, or you have to go
to different equipment.