Re: (PM) IRX Question.

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 06:46:36 -0800

The IRX114 can use all its ports at the same time. It does have some
limitations. Ports 'S1' and 'S3' are DMA and can handle upto a full T1's
worth of bandwidth. Ports 'S2' and 'S4' are interrupt driven and are best
used with 64K of bandwidth.

At 09:41 AM 2/24/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I remember something about the IRX not being able to use all ports at
>once. Is this true. I need to know if an IRX-114 can handle two t1 links
>to OR-HRs and one 64K link to a AS-400 (not sure what hardware will be on
>the other end at this time as we will not be providing it). the other 64K
>port may or may not need to be used, we do not know at this time.
>
>Tom
>

>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

---
jstorms@livingston.com
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.