Re: (PM) Wet weather woes

Jon Rust (jpr@vcnet.com)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:18:28 -0800

Yup. We run 100% PRI and I've seen a drop in connect rates. In fact, the
POTS line at my house was barely usable for voice, let alone data. Called
GTE, and they _admitted_ there was a problem _and_ they had it fixed
within 3 hours (I just about fainted at there efficiency -- funny how
they're never like that with my business). It turned out the b-box
outside my house was flooded. My ISDN line was unaffected. Weird.

Camarillo, CA - 17" of rain in February and counting. Last season gave us
16" TOTAL. Total this seasonn is ~ 32". Fortuntately the electric co has
been pretty stable.

Jon

On 2/23/98 2:33 PM jadiel@thevision.net proclaimed --