Re: (PM) Wet weather woes

Rick Krug (rick@tcccom.net)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:17:36 -0600 (CST)

We usually see more connect problems during the Spring thaw (in Wisconsin
anyway). The problem seems to be that moisture gets into the customer
wiring and the telco's junction boxes. I have heard that in Spring a large
portion of the telephone companies repair tickets involve drying out or
replacing wiring which is soaked. In some cases, I even seen (heard?)
regular person to person voice calls dropped.