Re: (PM) A reply to "threats against Lucent"

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:00:31 -0700

I totally agree. Although I can't make threats on not spending large
ammounts of money I totally agree with Karl that Livingston/Lucent have the
balls that a lot of companies lack.

On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 10:18:32PM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 11:03:05PM -0500, Doug Hass wrote:
> > Mr. Sasek,
>
> [threat to withhold a $235,000 order deleted]
>
> > I would hope that you would at least have the courtesy and decency to
> > reply to the Portmaster list and to the ISP CEO list with an immediate
> > retraction and apology. I'll be holding that $235,000 order waiting to
> > see what kind of company and people I'm really dealing with at
> > Livingston/Lucent.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Doug Hass
> > Vice President, Skye/net
>
> Don't worry Joe - I think we'll be spending this much during 1998 on new
> Lucent/Livingston hardware precisely because your firm *DOES* have the
> balls to take on people like Jack Rickard in public. In fact, we have
> two new cities in development right now, and as soon as the circuit
> orders are in place you'll be getting our order for the PM3s to outfit
> them.
>
> And oh, by the way, as I'm sure you know we've spent well over twice that
> in 1997 on your products....
>
> Don't change a thing - your posting and position, which IMHO has been
> vindicated over the last 48 hours with Rickard admitting that he has no
> knowledge of and won't publish the central-site hardware info for the
> K56Flex numbers he was calling, and further, that he has in fact
> blackballed you, is all I needed to see.
>
> Standing up to people who use bully pulpits, such as a magazines, to publish
> misleading information is part of your, and anyone else on the marketing end
> of products and services, job.
>
> It earns nothing but admiration from our organization.
>
> Go tell Steve, your boss that while some may threaten you, others will
> just buy more of the best there is on the market.
>
> 'Nuff said.
>
> --
> --
> Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
> http://www.mcs.net/ | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
> | NEW! K56Flex support on ALL modems
> Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| EXCLUSIVE NEW FEATURE ON ALL PERSONAL ACCOUNTS
> Fax: [+1 312 803-4929] | *SPAMBLOCK* Technology now included at no cost
> -

 - Steve
  - Systems Manager
  - Community Internet Access, Inc.