Re: (PM) Beed PM2E Console Server Command Cheat Sheet

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:22:00 -0700

On Thu, Feb 19, 1998 at 10:25:27PM -0600, Jake Messinger wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Patrick J. Chicas wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have a command cheat sheet that they could share with me?
>
> 2 ways to do it:

> 2. Assign a telnet port to EACH s* port in the setup for DEVICE service.
> Set s1, for example, so its device service is Telnet and the telnet port
> is 2001. Then you can "telnet <ip of pm> 2001" and go DIRECTLY to jail!
> I mean home!

Note to everyone: Realize that doing this could let people bypass security
precautions you have and give anyone direct console access to devices
if/when they learn what port/pm they need to telnet to. I do it (only
because pm11's don't have the attach command:<) but also have a filter on
the ethernet port which only allows telnets to the ports (mine are numbered
6001-6010) and to port 23 for admin access from inside my network.

> > We also want to use the box to do outbound fax calls as virtual tty
> > devices but, that's next weeks project.
>
> Heh, well that is where in.pmd comes in.

Which Lucent/Livingston refuses to support on many platforms <grr>..

--
 - Steve
  - Systems Manager