Re: (PM) Recommended Modems

Anthony Lemons (alemons@ovis.net)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:08:56 -0500

At 08:06 PM 2/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Scott A. Morris wrote:
>
>> What brands of 56k modems does anybody see as having the least problems
>> with? The best connectivity to? etc...
>
>The Zoom 56K external ($125) does rather well for us. I also just
>discovered another brand that works well: Garnet. Their GTM56KSPC4
>internal Modem/Fax/Voice goes for about $80.

One of our customers who has been testing modems came across a 56K
Impression modem. He said it was the cheapest 56k modem he has bought. He
obtains 50k almost every time he logs on and unlike some of the bigger name
brand modems, an hour into his session his rate is still at 50k. I noticed
when he was using a Motorola and Zoom modem he would connect at 46k or 48k
but when I'd check the pm3 an half hour or hour later his receive rate had
dropped.

Anthony