(PM) Re: your mail

Timothy A. Gregory (systems@tarjema.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:23:15 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Daniel Henry wrote:

> Doesnt work on analog connections .. I have alot of pm2's in place also
>
> Daniel Henry
> Vice President / Systems Administrator
> Koyote Internet

*snip*
> >> The new Radius ABM ,which costs a pretty penny, will limit simultaneous
> >> logins, while the new free Livingston radius will not... that sux.
I my
> >> opinion Livingston should strive to fix the fact that there CAN be
> >> simultaneous logins and recognize that instead of it being a feature that
> is
> >> not currently offered that it is really a serious BUG. I am sure that I
> am
> >> not alone in saying that is 1 thing that I wished the Livingston radius
> did.
> >> I realize that their are other versions that do this .. but to me they
> dont
> >> handle interaction with the ComOS as well as Livingstons version.

Good point. I've got 8 PM25s, and I'm (unfoutunately, probably to my
loss) paying a heck of a lot of attention to them - watching for multiple
logins.

The way that I've gotten around this in the past - when I was using the
Ascend RADIUS - was through scripts that logged on to each of my chassis
and looked for a) multiple logins and b) logins with durations greater
than 8 hours. It then checked the usernames in the output against a list
of customers that were exempt from these restrictions and reset any of the
ports that had users not on the list.

Reminding me: On my USR Total Control chassis I can

reset s5-s17

Can't do that on the Portmasters. Is this going to be possible in 3.8?
I'd love to see it there. It'll make the scripts I've got work better.