Re: (PM) DOV Failure

Todd R. Eigenschink (todd@tekinteractive.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:54:55 -0500 (EST)

Thomas Kinnen writes:
>On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Lord GAD wrote:
>
>> not work DOV. 64k/56k data and analog all work great, but no DOV to this
>> one PM3.
>
>Same thing here. After two month I finially got some one at Sprint to
>check a few things and it started working. Was told it was "Corrupt
>Static Data in the switch (DMS-100)".

Make sure that there isn't a bearer restriction on voice. It's
possible to have voice available on a line, but not to be able to use
it.

We also ran into an interesting one this week. In the midst of
switching our customers' Pipelines and whatnot to dial DOV into our
PM3/PRI (from our old PM2 w/ BRIs, non-DOV), we suddenly couldn't make
voice calls anymore. Data worked fine at 56 & 64.

After several hours on the phone with GTE and a CO tech using a CT100
to test-dial a voice call from this particular customer's port, they
finally figured out that there was a NAR limit of 7 voice calls for
our customer group. They didn't think that was is, until I counted
and realized that there were 7 voice calls connected at the time.
Once they removed that restriction, DOV worked fine for the rest of
the customers we switched.

Todd